Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

G - Treffen November!! SF Bay Area / NorCal Offroad event

List and discuss upcoming or previous events. Share event stories/photos/directions.
Gelande

G - Treffen November!! SF Bay Area / NorCal Offroad event

Post#1 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:45 am

Chris and I are going to go up to Cow Mountain BLM, which is about 1.5 hours north of San Francisco this week and map out the first part of a loop to do before winter hits with the local G crew. We are looking to see if we can pick a weekend in November to do either a one day run, or 1.5 day run with an overnite (most likely motel, probably too cold to camp).

If we can only get folks for a day, then we will most likely just have a play day at Cow Mountain BLM offroad area, which is east of Ukiah, and West of Clear Lake, CA (North of Napa)
It is possible to come from the bay area, do the run, and get back home in a day, or come up night before, crash in Ukiah on the cheap and then hit the trails in the AM after breakfast, do lunch on the trails, and then pop out in the afternoon.

That is option 1.

Option 2 is to go a further distance, which would be more of a 1.5 day event. This would be to run the Mendocino National Forest trail network between the Lake Pillsbury/Hull Mtn area which is just east of 101 over to the Stonyford area which is in the central valley. This would include a visit to famous places like Hull Mtn lookout, Letts Lake, and Goat Rock.

Anyways, we will start to map out what is plausible time wise this week. Usually I ride all this terrain on moto, so obviously 20x faster. So we will take a G up this week and try to see what we can assemble as reasonable.

Please post if you would be interested in joining this mini-NorCal Treffen. And when you post let us know what dates are possible in November for you to make it.

If you can do one day, note which day of what weekend. If you can do two days, note that please.......

At this point it will most likely be November 14/15 or November 21/22 since we have SEMA in Vegas the first week, and Thanksgiving holiday the last week.
Attachments
MS280gecowmountain2.jpg
MS280gecowmountain3.jpg
ClearLakefromCowMtnCA2.jpg

syncro_G

Re: G - Treffen November!! SF Bay Area / NorCal Offroad event

Post#2 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:57 am

I have some negotiating to do but may be able to go if I take a kid - hitching a ride or *possibly* driving my truck. Will have to see.

Gelande

Post#3 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:18 am

Event will be kid/family friendly!~
Attachments
MS280geBarkerPassSummitCamp.jpg

reinhardtius

Post#4 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:06 am

never understood why the west coast gets to have all the fun. :(

Adoni

Post#5 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:47 am

It's "Best Coast" Snyder, Best Coast...

stevegsmith

Post#6 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Fernweh wrote:
mserpe wrote:Event will be kid/family friendly!~

well in that case.......I sincerely would opt for the 14/15 of November

Of course we can let the people which are never show up anyhow, to pick their best weekend :mrgreen:

Ohhhhh! Snap! It's the sassiness that keeps me coming back for more.
;)

p.s. good point though.

Gelande

Post#7 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:40 pm

We could not help the G500 electrical gremlins that suddenly sprang up. It was Saturday, set to depart for DV, and that's the last place we opted to want to go with those types of problems, where the car would not start. Turned out in the end (a week later) to be a loose connection, with no need for parts. Bummer!

Anyways, we hope to make this local event an easy one to get to (at least for us!!)

stevegsmith

Post#8 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:03 pm

Wknd of 14/15 is good for us. Should be doable. Probably will be all four of us.
steve

DesertStar

Post#9 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:06 pm

Count me and Susan in if it is 14/15 and if it is "Steve Friendly". :shock:
Mike

Adoni

Post#10 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:47 am

Karl,

More than willing to take the sassiness but I haven't committed to any trips in over a year nor made arrangements to. Frankly, I've been working 7 days a week, but thanks for reminding me.

Return to “G People, Events, Treffens, Trail-Runs”